Job Opportunities: We're Hiring!
Position: Field Camp Co-ordinator (Seasonal)
We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated person to fill the temporary position of Field Camp Coordinator. The successful candidate will work with our Executive Director to ensure a smooth functioning of the 2016 field season on East Limestone Island. This position is 10 hours/week for 14 weeks, based out of the LBCS office in Queen Charlotte.
- Coordinate field camp logistics from Queen Charlotte. This includes scheduling volunteers, coordinating transportation, purchasing groceries and managing equipment.
- Prepare volunteers departing for East Limestone Island. This includes briefing them on what to expect, and transporting them (and food) to the K'uuna ferry on Friday morning.
- Author weekly Limestone Logs publications with information provided from East Limestone Island.
- Assisting in summertime office activities. This may include merchandise organization, communications work, and community event participation.
- Enthusiasm for volunteering on East Limestone Island.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Strong written communication.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Available most Thursdays and Fridays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to a vehicle and a personal familiarity with East Limestone Island both assets.
This position begins on April 18th and ends on July 22nd 2016.
The candidate is expected to be available primarily on Thursdays and Fridays, with some flexibility.
Compensation will be $18.50/hour for 10 hours/week.
Please send your cover letter and resume before March 29th, 2016 to Lindsay Seegmiller (email@example.com).